Sunday, April 10, 2011

Seedling Explosion



My seedlings worked really hard this weekend!  The zucchinis and pumpkin got HUGE and the cucumbers are right behind.  Those mushrooms are still causing trouble, but I've been keeping them under control and I've contacted UVM extension to see what their suggestions are for treatment.  I have almost all my peppers popping up and the tomatoes are coming along slowly as they did last year.  Maybe I will look into fertilzer or some sort of stimulant for them.  I have a book that my Gpa gave me called:  The Ten Week Garden by Cary Scher.  It has beautiful sketches of veggies and a very pretty notebook feel to it.  It's like reading the author's note book! Very fun and chalked full of information about gardening in Vermont.  The author is from VT, which is great because he knows the variability of VT weather.  It seems to be hard to find this book because it is from the 70's but it's an excellent resource!  :) 




I'm getting so excited!!!!   ha ha ha!  Spring is here! The crocuses are up, the birds are out, and mud season has come! I love spring!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment